Monday, December 6, 2010

Justin Bieber Releases 'Pray' Music Video

The inspirational clip includes footage of the teen pop star visiting sick fans in the hospital.
By Jocelyn Vena


Justin Bieber
Photo: Mark Von Holden/ WireImage

Justin Bieber is getting serious in the new video for his My Worlds Acoustic track "Pray." The clip opens up with a montage of people in need. Then a shot of Bieber playing his guitar is flashed.

The video features mixes images of natural disasters and war with shots of Bieber meeting with fans in the hospital and footage of him performing. The clip closes with the message: "God speaks in the silence of the heart. Listening is the beginning of prayer."

Bieber seems happy with the results. "So proud of this song and this video," he tweeted. "I sing this one from the heart."

The clip certainly fits with the tune's heartening theme and message, which was inspired by the King of Pop himself. "It's a very uplifting song, very motivational. It definitely comes from the heart. It's very beautiful," Bieber explained recently in a radio interview with Ryan Seacrest. "I definitely thought of Michael [Jackson's] 'Man in the Mirror' when I was writing it."

Bieber is donating part of the proceeds from his My Worlds Acoustic album to the Children's Miracle Network. "I am in the position to give back thanks to my fans and God," he said in a press release. "I wrote 'Pray' thinking I wanted to help others and I feel like I have a responsibility to do so. What is the point of doing all this if you can't make a difference in others' lives? This album is a gift to my fans and the money raised from it allows us all to help out."

What do you think of Justin's new video? Tell us in the comments.

Related Videos Related Artists

Kasey Chambers Denise Richards Roselyn Sanchez Arielle Kebbel Katharine Towne

No comments:

Post a Comment