Saturday, December 11, 2010

Lady Gaga, Watch Out: Willow Smith Wants To Be Bigger

'Whip My Hair' singer tells NME, 'I'd like to be a big rock star.'
By James Montgomery


Willow Smith
Photo: Getty Images

She's already cited her as a musical role model, but now, Willow Smith is hoping to one day surpass Lady Gaga as the biggest pop star on the planet.

At least that's what she's saying in a new interview with NME magazine, in which the pint-sized star was asked about her long-term career aspirations, and answered in a manner befitting of her "Whip My Hair" swagger.

"I would like to be a very well-known artist," Smith, 10, told the magazine. "I would like to be as big as Lady Gaga. I would like to be bigger. ... I'd like to be a big rock star."

Of course, with the success of "Hair," Smith has already taken the first step towards achieving those goals, and she's currently hard at work on the second: her debut album, a collection of songs she says will mostly be about "partying, having fun [and] eating."

And she's already coming to terms with the fact that, if she really is going to knock Gaga from the throne, she's going to have to make a few sacrifices — like not being able to hang out with her friends whenever she wants.

"Well, famous-ness is awesomeness ... but some parts of famous-ness can be ... hard," she said. "The hardness part is wanting to hang out with your friends when you have to work and make platinum records. And your friends come over, and you're recording, and you're like, 'Please let me go with my friends. I don't wanna stay here!' But people are relying on you."

Do you think Willow Smith has what it takes to be as big as Lady Gaga? Sound off in the comments below!

Related Videos Related Artists

Talisa Soto Ashanti Jennifer Scholle Yvonne Strzechowski Nichole Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment