Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Situation Hopes To Go From 'Jersey Shore' To Big Screen

'I would have to say that I'm looking forward to possibly doing a movie or so,' he hints to MTV News at the American Music Awards.
By Gil Kaufman, with reporting by Tim Kash


Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino
Photo: Todd Williamson/ WireImage

He's got his own clothing line, a book, a couple of moneymaking trademark phrases, a hilarious abstinence commercial with Bristol Palin, a hit TV show, a couple mill in the bank and, of course, those abs. But what "Jersey Shore" breakout star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino really wants to do is ... act.

MTV News caught up with the former underwear model on the red carpet at Sunday night's American Music Awards, where the Sitch told us he's got his eye on jumping to the big screen.

"In the upcoming year, I would have to say that I'm looking forward to possibly doing a movie or so," Sorrentino said. Asked what kind or roles he's coveting, the onetime "Dancing With the Stars" contestant teased, "I want to surprise everybody. They might be coming to something soon."

While an action movie would seem to be the way to go for the buff GTL fanatic, Sitch was cagey on that angle, saying it could be a shoot-'em-up situation — or something entirely different. "It could be something in the middle. I don't know. ... Hopefully it works out. Other than that, there could be also some reality in the future as well. I'm right in between, I don't know. I'm like in college right now, about to graduate. I don't know what's going on. Maybe I'll stay another year, maybe I'll graduate, I don't know."

In the meantime, he's focused on hawking his book, "Here's the Situation: A Guide to Creeping on Chicks, Avoiding Grenades, and Getting in Your GTL on the Jersey Shore," and he recently told MTV News that the sky's the limit for him.

"I've realized what I want to do in life in that I just love being in front of the camera," he said. "I love being an entertainer. It's almost been a lifelong journey to find out what I wanted to do. I'm so happy to be here, and everything's been going great."

What kind of movie would you like to see the Situation in? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Related Photos

Julie Benz Janet Jackson Katie Holmes Laura Prepon Georgianna Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment